If you receive one of these errors:
- "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"
- "C:\Program Files\FanSoft\FanDraft...
An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory"
These are Windows permissions errors, which this article goes deeper into depth with.
This can occur if anti-virus or security software is active. Please disable the anti-virus/security software while installing VNC Server software.
If running McAfee HIPS or a similar product, installation of VNC may be blocked. Check your list of intrusion prevention rules and unblock any VNC software for installation to succeed.
- Uninstall FanDraft
- Reboot your computer, and make sure you are logged in as the primary/Admin Windows user
- Turn off anti-virus/security software
- Redownload the FanDraft software
- Reinstall the FanDraft software
Other factors that could be taking place:
- In some cases simply rebooting the system resolves this issue. Try this first.
- Virus or security scanners. Try disabling prior to re-installation of FanDraft, to see if this resolves the problem.
- Try enabling the Microsoft Service:
Application Experience. It was found on some customers that if this service was “Disabled” it would result in this problem. Make sure this service “Startup Type” is set to “Manual” and then reboot the system.