In prep for our 2019 draft I am trying to package together some player videos and input to app. Thought I would share some of my experience.
- Find a video with good content on Youtube
- Download it using 4k downloader (I am using "smart mode" and downloading at original quality)
- If necessary, open the downloaded file with a video editor and make any edits you would like. Personally I am limiting my videos to about 45 seconds and doing at least an audio fade out if not a fade to black as well.
Things I have noticed:
- 30 FPS exactly and only
- If your video will not load into the app at all, it is likely a frame rate issue.
- If your video is playing abnormally fast in the FanDraft app it is likely due to your FPS setting. I have only had luck at EXACTLY 30 fps. Even at 29.97 it will play too fast.
- At least as of this post if you add a video, then delete it, then try to add another the app will crash. After deleting a video, close the app and reopen.
- In 2018 NFL started doing "Top 100 player profiles" that are high quality and can be edited down to a nice player intro. At least that year they posted them to YouTube. According to their site, the Top 100 in 2019 will premier on NFL network on July 22nd. Hopefully they will be posted to YouTube shortly thereafter.
I will continue to edit as I discover new tips/tricks.
Please sign in to leave a comment.